All students. All workers. All families. All people.
Todos los estudiantes. Todos los trabajadores. Todas las familias. Toda la gente.
Immigrants & Allies United for Justice is a North Carolina-based campaign to build deeper relationships between immigrant and refugee rights leaders, immigrant allies, and other social justice movements.
We see a need for people active in immigrants' rights to understand and work in solidarity with people active on other progressive issues, and a need for progressives to stand with us for migrant justice.
What We Believe:
- We believe another world is possible.
- We believe in nonviolence, human rights, and ending oppression.
- We believe that issues are always connected to other issues, and that working at the intersections can be transformative and powerful.
- We believe that we bring our whole selves into our work for social justice.
- We believe in building relationships for the long term, and working locally, regionally, statewide, nationwide and globally.
- We believe in that every person has the right to food, housing, health care, education, meaningful employment, and the right to exist in freedom without fear of displacement or deportation.
- We believe that we should care for our Earth and for each other, and we should treat each other well.
- We are students of history, and believe there are many lessons to be learned from past movements for human liberation and equality.
- We believe in honoring and respecting a diversity of identities, languages, belief systems, and cultures.
- We believe in multilingual spaces and language justice.
- We honor and participate in popular education, advocacy, community organizing, direct service work, direct action, civil disobedience and more.
- We seek to transform the world toward greater freedom, justice, and equality.
We also want to know what you believe. Comment here, or make a suggestion at http://iaufj.nationbuilder.com/suggestions